Boston Harbor Angels
Nathan Levin is a Managing Director in the Boston office of Duff & Phelps, LLC, and part of the Valuation Advisory Services business unit. He has 23 years of experience, and focuses on Consumer and Industrial Product companies.
Nate's areas of expertise include the valuation of business enterprises, debt and equity securities, intangible assets, intellectual property and options and warrants for purposes of financial and tax reporting, intercompany transfer pricing, merger and acquisition planning, reorganizations and restructurings, joint venture planning, financing and stockholder litigation.
Nate has testified on valuation matters in New York State Supreme Court, Commonwealth of Massachusetts' Trial Court, U.S. District Court in New Hampshire, and Superior Court of Justice, Ontario, Canada, and served as a valuation arbitrator in minority shareholder disputes. Nate's engagement highlights include the following: ·
- Led an engagement involving the valuation of approximately 300 legal entities in connection with the spinoff of a $60 billion market capitalization industrial conglomerate into three separate publicly-traded companies;
- Estimated the fair market value of a global engineering and infrastructure management company for financial reporting purposes. This engagement also involved the valuation of a number of water utility joint ventures;
- Led the valuation and purchase price allocation in connection with the $26 billion acquisition of a medical device company focused on cardiac rhythm management, In addition, valued the legal entities of the acquired company for tax purposes, and performed transfer pricing analyses related to its intangible assets;
- Led the valuation and purchase price allocation in connection with a $5.0 billion acquisition of a European-based office products distribution company;
- Determined the fair market value of multiple legal entities and performed debt capacity and credit rating analysis in connection with the recapitalization of a global medical device and hospital supply company
Prior to Duff & Phelps, Nate was a Managing Director at Standard & Poor's Corporate Value Consulting (CVC), the predecessor firm to Duff & Phelps. Prior to S&P, Nate was a Partner in PricewaterhouseCoopers' (PwC) CVC practice.
Nate received his M.B.A. in Finance, with High Honors, from Boston University's Graduate School of Management, his B.S. in Finance and Accounting, magna cum laude, from Boston University, and attended Northwestern University, where he majored in anthropology. He is also a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) charterholder, an accredited member of the American Society of Appraisers (ASA), certified in business valuation, and a member of the Boston Security Analysts Society.