Boston Harbor Angels
Over twenty years experience in developing strategic partnerships in the
computer industry resulting in hundreds of millions in revenue and setting the
stage for the acquisition of early stage companies by their business partners.
Throughout his career, Ron established and grew partnerships with software industry leaders, resellers, systems integrators and outsourcing partners to deliver server and desktop management, storage, business continuity and email management solutions.
Ron has held a variety of executive roles in business development, channels, alliances and OEM activities at IBM, FilesX, EMC, Legato Software, OTG and CA. Ron was a co founder of CapaCity Software Corporation, a desktop management software company acquired by CA in 1997.
Before founding Capacity Software, Ron ran a successful consulting business with customers in the manufacturing, healthcare and broadcasting industries. He began his career working in technical roles at Siemens-Nixdorf, Wang Laboratories, Digital and Banyan Systems.
He holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Economics and Political Science from the University of Massachusetts in Amherst.
Ron has invested in early stage software companies developing enterprise management, content management and archiving, online storage and green technologies.
Values Boston Harbor Angels bring to Members
- Exposure to a broad area of investment opportunities (IT, medical, consumer, real estate, internet, financial services, manufacturing, etc.)
- Monthly meetings that are focused, with well prepared presenters.
- A meeting style that is relaxed and conducted in the spirit of colleagues rather than adversaries.
- Association with a membership of proven business leaders committed to excellence in everything that we do.
- The opportunity to join other members in an effective due diligence process that provides increased exposure to "risks and rewards" prior to actual investing.
- The ability to network with other angel groups, where our recommendations and theirs are highly valued and provide access to additional capital and pre-screened investment opportunities.
- A membership known for providing resources beyond money which attracts superior investment candidates.
- The opportunity for continued interaction with successful presenters that provides the gratification of giving something back.
- Exposure to leading educational institutions, committed to entrepreneurship, such as Babson, Harvard, MIT, and others.
Resources For Members
Check out these members only special services and useful links. Go to resources...