Boston Harbor Angels
P. Michael Buettner is a Certified Public Accountant who brings over 25 years of experience working with start-ups and closely held businesses. His formal training began at Laventhol and Horwath, an international accounting and consulting firm, in their Boston office. During his five year tenure there, he worked in the emerging business department providing him with a broad based understanding of accounting system design and integration, business formation and operational efficiencies in the manufacturing, construction and retail/wholesale business industries. Subsequent to that, Michael has been a Partner with Langbort & Buettner, LLP, CPA and Buettner and Company, CPA for the past 20 years.
Michaelís unique experience combining a solid understanding of Federal and State tax law with financial and operational results provides invaluable insight into balancing financial and tax efficiency. During his career, he has served as CFO of venture capital funded and privately held companies. He has worked with management and investors in purchasing and selling existing entities to publically traded and privately owned companies. Michael has devoted his career to the highest of business and ethical practices. He has a proven track record in identifying and creating operational and financial solutions to businesses and their owners especially in trying economic times. He has a passion for driving strong, profitable and compliant businesses.
His portfolio of clients includes manufacturing, eBusiness, construction, real estate and professional services. In addition to his business clients, he has a robust rolodex of entrepreneurs and high net worth individual tax clients. Michaelís blend of tax and financial acumen, experience and knowledge creates a seasoned professional capable of meeting the demanding requirements of todayís business executive.
Values Boston Harbor Angels bring to Members
- Exposure to a broad area of investment opportunities (IT, medical, consumer, real estate, internet, financial services, manufacturing, etc.)
- Monthly meetings that are focused, with well prepared presenters.
- A meeting style that is relaxed and conducted in the spirit of colleagues rather than adversaries.
- Association with a membership of proven business leaders committed to excellence in everything that we do.
- The opportunity to join other members in an effective due diligence process that provides increased exposure to "risks and rewards" prior to actual investing.
- The ability to network with other angel groups, where our recommendations and theirs are highly valued and provide access to additional capital and pre-screened investment opportunities.
- A membership known for providing resources beyond money which attracts superior investment candidates.
- The opportunity for continued interaction with successful presenters that provides the gratification of giving something back.
- Exposure to leading educational institutions, committed to entrepreneurship, such as Babson, Harvard, MIT, and others.
Resources For Members
Check out these members only special services and useful links. Go to resources...