Boston Harbor Angels
Currently: Director of Outsourced Business Development Services for Health Advances LLC, a life science strategy consulting boutique
- 25 years experience in transactions, strategy and operations consulting and venture capital
- Mi3 Venture Partners, Founder and Managing General Partner (Early stage life science fund)
- Lucas, McPhee & Co., Founder and Managing Director (International strategy firm)
- Bain & Co., Consultant
- McGill University, Montreal, QC: B.Sc. (Hons.); LLB (JD in US)
Transaction Experience (Selected)
- Executed $25 million leveraged buyout of a manufacturing company and sourced $20 million in mezzanine debt
- Merged med device technology of a portfolio company into a larger development company
- Developed the fundamental concepts for, and guided the process of, merging 2 large specialty physician practices
- Created several JV's between Indiana University Med School and GE Medical
- Secured $45 MM in funding by creating business plan for 120 member primary care practice
- Advised on re-structuring of 3 Clayton Dubilier or Kohlberg LBOs not meeting their financial objectives, including re-negotiating terms of mezzanine debt and new covenants
- Extracted $150MM of attractive assets from a failing life science company for pennies on the dollar on behalf of a venture funded company
- Monetize portfolio of novel chemistries that stabilize intracellular RNA at room temperature
- Develop financial structure and implement exit plan for photon-based onychomycosis therapy
- Create and execute strategy to entice Big Pharma to co-develop promising diabetes therapy
- Secure development/distribution partner for novel heart pump that re-vitalizes flat sector
Values Boston Harbor Angels bring to Members
- Exposure to a broad area of investment opportunities (IT, medical, consumer, real estate, internet, financial services, manufacturing, etc.)
- Monthly meetings that are focused, with well prepared presenters.
- A meeting style that is relaxed and conducted in the spirit of colleagues rather than adversaries.
- Association with a membership of proven business leaders committed to excellence in everything that we do.
- The opportunity to join other members in an effective due diligence process that provides increased exposure to "risks and rewards" prior to actual investing.
- The ability to network with other angel groups, where our recommendations and theirs are highly valued and provide access to additional capital and pre-screened investment opportunities.
- A membership known for providing resources beyond money which attracts superior investment candidates.
- The opportunity for continued interaction with successful presenters that provides the gratification of giving something back.
- Exposure to leading educational institutions, committed to entrepreneurship, such as Babson, Harvard, MIT, and others.
Resources For Members
Check out these members only special services and useful links. Go to resources...