Boston Harbor Angels
Peter Miller is Chief Operating Officer of Genomic Healthcare Strategies, a company focused on the commercial aspects of the new science of molecular medicine and its application in new markets. He speaks frequently at biotech and personalized medicine events.
He is an experienced entrepreneur, manager, strategist, innovator, and coach. He has spent his career building entrepreneurial companies.
He was a founding member, and later Vice President, COO, and Board member, of Abt Associates Inc., now a $200 million firm working in fields such as health care research and policy, clinical trials, and survey research. At Abt he ran all day-to-day operations, sales and marketing, service delivery, and planning.
He has helped build a number of companies in software and professional services and grow them to the acquisition stage. These include Waterfield Technology Group (sold to Whitman Hart) and SNAP Software (sold to Dun & Bradstreet), where he was a board member and COO. Mr. Miller has worked on seven successful money-raising ventures and has been involved in M/A activities on both the buy and sell sides. He has been a licensed (NASD) broker/dealer.
Mr. Miller did his undergraduate work at MIT, followed by the MIT Sloan School of Management Masters program. He is the former Board Chairman of the International MIT Enterprise Forum and currently serves as Co-Director of the MIT Venture Mentoring Service.
Values Boston Harbor Angels bring to Members
- Exposure to a broad area of investment opportunities (IT, medical, consumer, real estate, internet, financial services, manufacturing, etc.)
- Monthly meetings that are focused, with well prepared presenters.
- A meeting style that is relaxed and conducted in the spirit of colleagues rather than adversaries.
- Association with a membership of proven business leaders committed to excellence in everything that we do.
- The opportunity to join other members in an effective due diligence process that provides increased exposure to "risks and rewards" prior to actual investing.
- The ability to network with other angel groups, where our recommendations and theirs are highly valued and provide access to additional capital and pre-screened investment opportunities.
- A membership known for providing resources beyond money which attracts superior investment candidates.
- The opportunity for continued interaction with successful presenters that provides the gratification of giving something back.
- Exposure to leading educational institutions, committed to entrepreneurship, such as Babson, Harvard, MIT, and others.
Resources For Members
Check out these members only special services and useful links. Go to resources...