Boston Harbor Angels
Steve recently retired after 35 years with the Boston law firm of Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP, where he was a member of its Technology and Emerging Companies Practice Group. He was an active member and representative of his firm to TechLaw Group, Inc., an organization of 19 law firms with over 7,000 lawyers in 26 countries serving the needs of technology based businesses around the world; he was President of the group in 2006-2007. In his private practice, he represented emerging companies in a variety of industries, including IT, life sciences, media, greentech, game technology, wireless, photonics, robotics and healthcare, among others. His practice outside the emerging companies space included M&A, strategic partnering and general corporate advice and transactions. Clients included General Electric Company, Pratt & Whitney Group, United Technologies Corporation, Pearson, Independent Newspapers, ReDigi, Healthpoint Services Global and Healthper. Steve was identified as one of the top 5% of M&A lawyers in Massachusetts in a study by Law & Politics. Steve is a member of the Boston Harbor Angels and serves on its IT, Life Sciences and General screening committees. Angel investments include Carbonite, Aras Corp, MindSet Rx, ReDigi, SynQor, Oculis Labs, Vizibility, Brand-Yourself.com, Bliss Healthcare, Nano-C, Xsigo, GateRocket, Chronix Biomedical, Cambridge Endoscopic, Lucky Litter (scoopfree.com), BioDrain Medical, Regroup, PawSpot, MedChannel and JAM Tech. From 1969 until 1993, Steve served on active duty or in the reserves as an Air Force Signals Intelligence officer, with assignments in Italy, Taiwan, Korea, The Philippines, US Pacific Command HQ and the Defense Intelligence Agency.
Values Boston Harbor Angels bring to Members
- Exposure to a broad area of investment opportunities (IT, medical, consumer, real estate, internet, financial services, manufacturing, etc.)
- Monthly meetings that are focused, with well prepared presenters.
- A meeting style that is relaxed and conducted in the spirit of colleagues rather than adversaries.
- Association with a membership of proven business leaders committed to excellence in everything that we do.
- The opportunity to join other members in an effective due diligence process that provides increased exposure to "risks and rewards" prior to actual investing.
- The ability to network with other angel groups, where our recommendations and theirs are highly valued and provide access to additional capital and pre-screened investment opportunities.
- A membership known for providing resources beyond money which attracts superior investment candidates.
- The opportunity for continued interaction with successful presenters that provides the gratification of giving something back.
- Exposure to leading educational institutions, committed to entrepreneurship, such as Babson, Harvard, MIT, and others.
Resources For Members
Check out these members only special services and useful links. Go to resources...