Boston Harbor Angels
Lee Chartock, MD, is an active angel investor with an interest in life sciences, IT, media and consumer product companies. Most recently, he has invested in such companies as MindSet Rx, Oculis Labs, Embee Mobile, ReDigi and Alva Systems. Dr. Chartock, in addition to being a practicing physician from 1985 to 2003 (board certified in psychiatry and neurology), served on the national clinical advisory boards-neuroscience for GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Lilly, Novartis, Searle, Forest Labs, Wyeth-Ayerst and Bristol-Myers/Squibb. From 1980 to 1996, Dr. Chartock served in various advisory and leadership positions with federal, state and local governmental institutes, agencies and projects focused on health policy, programs, strategy, reimbursement and finances. Since leaving the practice of medicine, Dr. Chartock has continued to consult at the senior leadership level, working closely with executive management and boards of major healthcare systems nationally. While he is thus able to bring a background in medicine/life sciences/pharma industry and public policy to his investing, his angel investments and interests are not limited to these areas. Lee divides his time between Massachusetts and California, and is involved in the angel communities on both coasts.
Dr. Chartock graduated from Brown University with an Sc.B (Phi Beta Kappa), received his MD from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, and an MPP from the Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University. His residency in Psychiatry was at Massachusetts General Hospital. His awards and honors include the Dupont-Warren Fellowship, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard University and Kennedy Fellowship, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University.
Values Boston Harbor Angels bring to Members
- Exposure to a broad area of investment opportunities (IT, medical, consumer, real estate, internet, financial services, manufacturing, etc.)
- Monthly meetings that are focused, with well prepared presenters.
- A meeting style that is relaxed and conducted in the spirit of colleagues rather than adversaries.
- Association with a membership of proven business leaders committed to excellence in everything that we do.
- The opportunity to join other members in an effective due diligence process that provides increased exposure to "risks and rewards" prior to actual investing.
- The ability to network with other angel groups, where our recommendations and theirs are highly valued and provide access to additional capital and pre-screened investment opportunities.
- A membership known for providing resources beyond money which attracts superior investment candidates.
- The opportunity for continued interaction with successful presenters that provides the gratification of giving something back.
- Exposure to leading educational institutions, committed to entrepreneurship, such as Babson, Harvard, MIT, and others.
Resources For Members
Check out these members only special services and useful links. Go to resources...