Boston Harbor Angels
Stuart Wolpoff is the President and Chairman of Wolpoff Ventures, a private Wealth Management Fund based in the suburbs of Washington, DC. Wolpoff Ventures has interests in multiple industries including mortgage origination, consumer data, consumer and business lending, internet lead generation, distressed asset purchasing, renewable energy, emerging technologies, medical device manufacturing and real estate.
Prior to founding Wolpoff Ventures, Mr. Wolpoff served as the Executive Director of the law firm of Wolpoff & Abramson from 1991-2007. The law firm of Wolpoff and Abramson was acquired in 2007 and at the time of the acquisition, the firm had grown to 1200 employees with 21 offices performing litigation in 23 states and the District of Columbia.
In addition to his role at Wolpoff & Abramson, Mr. Wolpoff and his business partners founded Great Seneca, a financial services company, in 1997. Since its inception, Great Seneca had acquired over 12 billion in defaulted assets. The company was sold to a publicly traded company in 2007.
Mr. Wolpoff is currently the Chairman of Independence Receivables Corporation in Gaithersburg, MD, Co-Chairman of NexGen Energy Partners in Boulder, CO and is President of Bethany Finance LLC, in Gaithersburg, MD as well as a Partner at ACC Mortgage in Rockville, MD.
Since 1997 Mr. Wolpoff has held numerous Board positions including Seneca One, ClearOne Advantage, One-Click data, Kash King, Lead Source International, Rapid Finance and Credit Trust (NASD:CRDT). Mr. Wolpoff is an active member of multiple angel investing groups including Boston Harbor Angels and The Investors collaborative. Mr. Wolpoff also provides C-level coaching and forward thinking business direction/consulting to numerous start-up ventures.
Values Boston Harbor Angels bring to Members
- Exposure to a broad area of investment opportunities (IT, medical, consumer, real estate, internet, financial services, manufacturing, etc.)
- Monthly meetings that are focused, with well prepared presenters.
- A meeting style that is relaxed and conducted in the spirit of colleagues rather than adversaries.
- Association with a membership of proven business leaders committed to excellence in everything that we do.
- The opportunity to join other members in an effective due diligence process that provides increased exposure to "risks and rewards" prior to actual investing.
- The ability to network with other angel groups, where our recommendations and theirs are highly valued and provide access to additional capital and pre-screened investment opportunities.
- A membership known for providing resources beyond money which attracts superior investment candidates.
- The opportunity for continued interaction with successful presenters that provides the gratification of giving something back.
- Exposure to leading educational institutions, committed to entrepreneurship, such as Babson, Harvard, MIT, and others.
Resources For Members
Check out these members only special services and useful links. Go to resources...