Boston Harbor Angels
John Jay is the Managing Director of Executive Resources International LLC, Boston's oldest national retained search firm and one of Boston's premier boutique search firms, as over 80% of its business comes from repeat or referral business. He works closely with privately owned and family owned companies and investors, private equity and venture capital firms and their portfolio companies, as well as their advisors such as lawyers, accounting firms and banks, to build management teams of the firms and non-profit institutions with which they are involved.
With over 30 years of executive search experience (7 at Heidrick & Struggles) John heads up the Emerging Business Search Practice, the firm's fastest growing specialty area, building management teams with a key focus on Founder Successor searches. He also heads the firm's Non-Profit Search Practice. He has completed over 300 national searches for emerging and mid-sized companies involved in Technology, Manufacturing, Instrumentation, Medical Devices and Life Sciences, Consumer and Industrial Services and Products, Healthcare and Telecom, ranging from CEO/COO/General Manager to senior level Sales, Marketing, Finance and Technical positions, as well as Board Searches.
John is a member of the Boston Harbor Angels and Boynton Angels and serves on the Screening Committee of both organizations. He received his BA from Williams College.
John and his wife Emily, formerly an Officer at Harvard, live on the North Shore and have 3 sons and 4 grandchildren.
Values Boston Harbor Angels bring to Members
- Exposure to a broad area of investment opportunities (IT, medical, consumer, real estate, internet, financial services, manufacturing, etc.)
- Monthly meetings that are focused, with well prepared presenters.
- A meeting style that is relaxed and conducted in the spirit of colleagues rather than adversaries.
- Association with a membership of proven business leaders committed to excellence in everything that we do.
- The opportunity to join other members in an effective due diligence process that provides increased exposure to "risks and rewards" prior to actual investing.
- The ability to network with other angel groups, where our recommendations and theirs are highly valued and provide access to additional capital and pre-screened investment opportunities.
- A membership known for providing resources beyond money which attracts superior investment candidates.
- The opportunity for continued interaction with successful presenters that provides the gratification of giving something back.
- Exposure to leading educational institutions, committed to entrepreneurship, such as Babson, Harvard, MIT, and others.
Resources For Members
Check out these members only special services and useful links. Go to resources...