Boston Harbor Angels
Donald R. Diamond
Donald is chairman of Diamond Ventures, Inc. His business interests include a variety of real estate investments and operating companies in the southwestern United States.
He started his career as a commodity dealer in physicals -- coffee, coco, and rubber on Wall Street from 1950 until 1964 when he retired as vice president of ACLI International and moved to Arizona.
In Arizona he got involved with the sports business by becoming one of the three owners of the new franchise, The Phoenix Suns, and then later into the start up of The Arizona Diamondbacks professional baseball team.
At the same time his career in land development began with the acquisition of raw land in the foothills in Pima County, Arizona. He and his associate bought the Howard Hughes Estate consisting of 12,700 acres in Tucson and by this time he'd put together a major real estate company in southern Arizona to handle his many diversified real estate holdings to do master planned communities consisting of residential, commercial and industrial.
In 1998 Donald and his partner sold Arizona Mail Order, one of the largest national mail order firms in women's ready-to-wear apparel.
Much of his time is spent in philanthropic endeavors consisting mostly on education and health care services. Donald just finished a major role in opening the Diamond Children's Medical Center on the campus of University Medical Center in Tucson, Arizona. He is also serves as a member of the National Board of Advisors for the University of Arizona's Eller College of Business and Public Administration.
Values Boston Harbor Angels bring to Members
- Exposure to a broad area of investment opportunities (IT, medical, consumer, real estate, internet, financial services, manufacturing, etc.)
- Monthly meetings that are focused, with well prepared presenters.
- A meeting style that is relaxed and conducted in the spirit of colleagues rather than adversaries.
- Association with a membership of proven business leaders committed to excellence in everything that we do.
- The opportunity to join other members in an effective due diligence process that provides increased exposure to "risks and rewards" prior to actual investing.
- The ability to network with other angel groups, where our recommendations and theirs are highly valued and provide access to additional capital and pre-screened investment opportunities.
- A membership known for providing resources beyond money which attracts superior investment candidates.
- The opportunity for continued interaction with successful presenters that provides the gratification of giving something back.
- Exposure to leading educational institutions, committed to entrepreneurship, such as Babson, Harvard, MIT, and others.
Resources For Members
Check out these members only special services and useful links. Go to resources...