Boston Harbor Angels
George A. Xixis is a partner in Nutter's Intellectual Property group and a member of the Life Sciences practice group. He focuses his practice on biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and medical devices. George came to Nutter in February 2003 from the AMDeC Foundation, Inc., a consortium of New York-based universities and research hospitals. He previously served as intellectual property counsel at CuraGen Corp., a genomics-based, drug discovery and development company, where he established and oversaw the IP department.
George has particular expertise in the area of short- and long-term strategic planning for growing biopharmaceutical companies. This includes the cost-effective construction of potentially complex IP portfolios, as well as advising on and implementing value maximization strategies, including worldwide litigation and licensing.
George's practice includes all areas of intellectual property, including patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets, primarily in biotechnology and associated technologies. He has filed and prosecuted patent applications relating to medical devices, protein therapeutics, antibodies, antibody targets, and small molecule targets, as well as diagnostic kits, pioneering platform technologies, business methods and computer software. He has litigated cases, both domestically and internationally, concerning a number of biotechnology and small molecule drugs. He also has extensive experience in transactional IP matters, such as licensing and due diligence, on which he has been published.
George is a member of the American Bar Association, New York State Bar Association and American Psychological Society.
During law school, George was associate managing editor of the Brooklyn Law Review, a member of the Moot Court Honor Society and Philip Jessup International Law Team, and a Richardson Scholar.
Values Boston Harbor Angels bring to Members
- Exposure to a broad area of investment opportunities (IT, medical, consumer, real estate, internet, financial services, manufacturing, etc.)
- Monthly meetings that are focused, with well prepared presenters.
- A meeting style that is relaxed and conducted in the spirit of colleagues rather than adversaries.
- Association with a membership of proven business leaders committed to excellence in everything that we do.
- The opportunity to join other members in an effective due diligence process that provides increased exposure to "risks and rewards" prior to actual investing.
- The ability to network with other angel groups, where our recommendations and theirs are highly valued and provide access to additional capital and pre-screened investment opportunities.
- A membership known for providing resources beyond money which attracts superior investment candidates.
- The opportunity for continued interaction with successful presenters that provides the gratification of giving something back.
- Exposure to leading educational institutions, committed to entrepreneurship, such as Babson, Harvard, MIT, and others.
Resources For Members
Check out these members only special services and useful links. Go to resources...