Boston Harbor Angels
George has been in the financial services industry for more than 20 years. He led a flawless nationwide IPO stock distribution for friends and family and provides detailed strategies for public and private company executives, while functioning as a "financial quarterback".
He earned a B.A. from the University of Maine at Orono and a Master of Science in Financial Planning from Bentley University in 2013. Professional designations awarded includeCFP®, CIMA®,CLU®,CDFA®.
He received state-wide recognition for outstanding leadership from the Massachusetts Financial Planning Association (FPA) for initiating/leading the Pro-Bono military financial planning effort for departing and returning deployed military members.
In 2010 he was asked to strike the gavel at the NYSE closing bell on behalf of a PBS series.
He was a beta tester and has been a content contributor to nationally-recognized, myStockOptions.com.
Prior, and during George's financial services career, he served in the U.S. Army. He enlisted as an military journalist and eventually was accepted into Officer Candidate School (OCS). Soon after Infantry Officer Basic, he was selected to serve as an officer, in the 3rd U.S. Infantry, "The Old Guard", the Army's official ceremonial unit and escort to the President. After active duty, he continued to serve as an officer in full and part-time status in the Army National Guard, and finally as an infantry company commander in the Army Reserve until departure from military service in 1992. George is a member of the American Mensa Society, the Venture Forum marketing and program committees, MDG, the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts, the Financial Divorce Association, and the Massachusetts Bar Association. He was also an advisory board member for the PBS Series,BizKids.
George is an avid skier and a life-long martial artist. As a martial artist he practiced Hapkido and competed in Judo/Jiu-jitsu. Over three decades, he also competed at the black belt level in state and national tournaments in Shotokan Karate and Tae Kwon Do.
George lives with his wife Vartoohi in Southboro, Massachusetts.
Values Boston Harbor Angels bring to Members
- Exposure to a broad area of investment opportunities (IT, medical, consumer, real estate, internet, financial services, manufacturing, etc.)
- Monthly meetings that are focused, with well prepared presenters.
- A meeting style that is relaxed and conducted in the spirit of colleagues rather than adversaries.
- Association with a membership of proven business leaders committed to excellence in everything that we do.
- The opportunity to join other members in an effective due diligence process that provides increased exposure to "risks and rewards" prior to actual investing.
- The ability to network with other angel groups, where our recommendations and theirs are highly valued and provide access to additional capital and pre-screened investment opportunities.
- A membership known for providing resources beyond money which attracts superior investment candidates.
- The opportunity for continued interaction with successful presenters that provides the gratification of giving something back.
- Exposure to leading educational institutions, committed to entrepreneurship, such as Babson, Harvard, MIT, and others.
Resources For Members
Check out these members only special services and useful links. Go to resources...